My sweet friend Angelle challenged me to list 10 books that have stayed with me in some way (except the Bible which would make a lot of people's lists) so here they are! Sorry it took me so long to actually make this happen, Angelle! =)
I tried not to think too long and hard about this as per the rules of this challenge, and these were the books that really stood out to me as I racked my brain for a few minutes. So without further ado, here they are:
1. Father Elijah by Michael O'Brien- My number one favorite of all time. Such a powerhouse book that definitely kicked my faith back into gear.
2. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain- I haven't read this since high school, but I actually think about it pretty often for some reason. I love adventure, so maybe that's it.
3. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers- Also an awesome book that shows the value of true sacrificial, marital love.
4. Theophilos by Michael O'Brien- Because of this book, I love the gospel of Luke and St. Luke himself.
5. The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis- This book was a serious kick in the pants regarding how sin affects our every day lives and how satan takes advantage of our weaknesses to entice us to sin....such a great eye opener and a call to vigilance.
6. Night Jasmine by Mary Lou Widmer- I love historical fiction and this one is based in New Orleans! I love everything about this love story =)
7. In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan- My outlook on food and eating completely changed after reading this book. I love how he keeps concepts simple and brings the purpose of eating back to the basics: Eat Real Food.
8. A Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers- I got to know some of the women in the Old Testament by reading this book and I love that I can personally connect with their stories.
9. Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling- No description needed =)
10. Parenting with Love and Logic- This has been our number one go to with how we have decided to raise Kolbe (discipline-wise) and it has been so great to see the fruits of our efforts flourish after continuously employing the methods that the author of this book recommends.
Happy Reading! What books have impacted you??