I hope the holidays were good to you and brought you much joy and peace. I can't believe its already mid January and that the Christmas season is over. We took down all of our decorations on the day after King's Day and I was a little sad to see them go. The season was so festive this year, especially having Kolbe and Annabelle to enjoy it with. We continued our tradition of going to Christmas Eve mass, followed by celebrations with my family and then celebrations with Matt's family on Christmas day. Kolbe go some sweet toys that will surely keep him busy for the next few months and its a plus that both Matt and I also enjoy playing with them! Annabelle has given us the gift of sleep and that's all I'm going to say about that =)
The Three Wise Men came on January 6th bearing some surprises after they made the trek from our fireplace mantle to the Nativity scene on the coffee table. Kolbe sure got a kick out of that! And with that, the Christmas seasons came to an end.
During these past few holiday weeks, I was gifted/discovered a few things that I've really been loving lately. They have made my life a little easier in some ways and put a smile on my face and I wanted to share the love =)
1) FARM GIRL COFFE When I was visiting my friend Chantel in Lafayette last Fall, she brought me to her favorite coffee shop called The Lab. It had an awesome hipster and modern vibe that was so welcoming. The best part is that they feature only two coffees each day for all of their drinks. The day we went, I had a latte made with Farm Girl Coffee and to date, it was the best coffee I've had! I never wanted it to end because it was just that good. So I made it my mission to find this Farm Girl Coffee and I did! Now it is safely tucked away in my coffee cabinet and I can enjoy it every day. Although my mediocre coffee-making skills will never top those of the talented baristas at The Lab, its still so so good and it only serves to fuel my coffee addiction that I have no intention of ever overcoming.
2) BURT'S BEES TINTED LIP BALM My friend Emily actually introduced me to this last Summer, but I wanted to include it anyway because I still use it all the time. I've never ever been a fan of lipstick or lip gloss because I don't like how it makes my lips feel so I always just resorted to Carmex to hydrate and add a little shine simultaneously. I love that this lip balm does the same but it adds a little color too, so the best of both worlds!
3) MINNETONKA KILTY SUEDE MOCCASSINS I discovered these because my friend Beth (are you noticing a trend here?) always wears them and raves about how comfortable they are so I decided to give them a try and put them on my Christmas wish list. She was right; they are so comfortable AND stylish and I love that they go with almost everything I wear on a daily basis. I've pretty much worn them everyday since I received them from my mom for Christmas. If you do get these, order a half size down because they run big =)
4) NATURE BOX I've seen a ton of bloggers that I follow recommend this product and I'm excited to try it! As a family, we are making an extra effort in the new year to pack as many nutrients into meals and snacks as we can and I think we can make it happen with the help of Nature Box. It is a customized snack box that arrives at your door step and I like this company mainly because all of their snacks are non-GMO, and don't contain artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors, high fructose corn syrup, or trans fats. That's definitely high standard in my book since those are the same standards that we try to live by in our pantry and fridge =)
5) AQUA BLUE LADIES TUNIC After my friend Penny had her sweet baby back in August, I noticed her wearing these really comfortable looking shirts all the time. I finally took the plunge and now I have it in four different colors (thanks to Beth and my mom and grandma for gifting these to me!) This shirt really is so comfortable and I want to live in it all the time. Its great for nursing, and perfect for the post-baby clothes transition that we all know and love. I love to wear it with leggings and my new moccs too!
6) LILY JADE DIAPER BAG I would like you to meet the newest addition to our family... Behold Elizabeth:
She's my other baby and I love her to pieces because she's the best thing that has ever happened to this mom of two (and hopefully more in the future!) I've been on the quest to find the perfect diaper bag ever since I was pregnant with Kolbe and I had yet to find it till now. The bag comes with an awesome washable insert that has a ton of pockets so the amount of organization I can achieve with this bag is music to my ears. By far my favorite thing is that it can be worn like a backpack, which comes in SO handy with two littles in tow. I think this may be the best Christmas gift I've given to myself. And for the record, the name of the bag on the website is the Elizabeth in Brandy =)
Have a blessed week!